Option B Community Guidelines
Being part of a community can give us strength that we sometimes can’t find on our own.
Communities can help us build resilience, overcome isolation, and begin to chart a path toward a more joyful future. We hope Option B groups will help you find people who can support you through the challenges you’re facing.
We welcome posts that are focused on helping members build resilience, including:
- Personal stories
- Resources that you’ve found helpful
It is important that conversations around the sensitive topics discussed in Option B groups are productive and respectful. We ask all members to follow our Community Fundamentals:
- Share openly and honestly
- React with empathy
- Be respectful of opposing views
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions
- Maintain a supportive environment
- Abstain from inappropriate, vulgar, or abusive language
We do not allow the following:
- Bullying or harassment
- Promotion or encouragement of self-injury or suicide. However, this does not mean you cannot post about issues related to self-injury and suicide if it is helpful to you
- Content that promotes prejudice, violence, or hatred against people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, political beliefs, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Threats or encouragements of violence against anyone, either seriously or humorously
- Asking for or sharing medical or legal advice
- Questioning other people’s experiences
- Negatively calling out another group member by name or calling them out without their consent
- Content that violates the privacy of others, by revealing any information about them that they would not want to make public
- Content that promotes goods, services, or may be perceived as promoting personal projects
- Content that could be interpreted as coaching or imposing your own experience on others
- Content that violates the copyrights and trademarks of others. If you’re unsure, please do not post
- Inappropriate content, as determined by our moderator
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove posts, without notice and for any reason, to protect our community. Our small team of admins moderates the groups daily, and will respond to flagged posts and comments within a 24 hour period. If you see anyone violating our Community Guidelines or behaving in a way that makes you uncomfortable, please report the post using Facebook’s reporting tool.
Option B Facebook groups are closed; only members can see posts to the group. However, non-members can see who is in the group and request to join. For more details, read Facebook's group privacy settings. To learn more about maintaining your own privacy on Facebook, read the Technology Safety Guide from Facebook and the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
Option B Facebook groups are intended for peer-to-peer support and are not moderated by licensed professionals. The other groups highlighted on optionb.org are independent; they are not run by OptionB.Org.
For expert support, visit one of the organizations listed here. If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs immediate help, please reach out to Crisis Text Line by texting HELLO to 741741, call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, or to find a hotline outside of the U.S., contact Befrienders at www.befrienders.org.
OptionB.Org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people build resilience in the face of adversity—and giving them the tools to help their family, friends, and community build resilience. At optionb.org, you can read and share personal stories, join groups for solidarity and support, and find expert information and resources.