Collection of Information:
When you interact with us through our Services, we may collect or receive the following types of information:
Information You Provide Directly. You may provide information directly to us in several different ways. For example, we collect the information you provide us when you:
- Register for access to our Services;
- Sign up for our newsletter or submit your preferences; or
- Contact us with inquiries.
This information may include your name and e-mail address, telephone number, address, photograph and other information that may identify you (collectively, “Personal Information”).
Information We Collect Automatically. We also may receive and store certain information about you and your computer automatically. Automatically collected information may include:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access our Services;
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location) or mobile device identifier;
- The domain name of your Internet service provider;
- The website you visited before you came to our Services; and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on our Services that we collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our Services, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. We also use Google Analytics to better understand user visits to and navigation of the site. We may, from time to time, share this information with certain third parties, as set forth below in the section titled “Sharing of Information.” However, it is important to note that no directly identifiable Personal Information is made available to or shared with third parties as part of this process other than as set forth below in the Sharing of Information section.
We may collect your location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device) to provide certain functionality, if you choose to enable such services. Please note that if you choose to enable location features, other users of our Services may be able to see your location.
Use of Information:
- We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with access to the Services you have requested and to permit you to participate in the OptionB.Org community; to be part of e-mail and other communications among members and sponsors of the program;
- To permit you, if you choose to share your OptionB.Org story, to be part of e-mail and other communications among members of the OptionB.Org community;
- To permit you to register a Group in the OptionB.Org Directory (described below);
- To help us improve the content and functionality of our Services;
- To better understand your interests and to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you;
- To conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviors;
- To respond to your questions and assist with any problems with our Services;
- To process and fulfill the orders you place with us;
- For our legitimate interests, including to help us understand and improve the content and functionality of our services; to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you; to conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviors; to assist with any problems with our Services; to meet our legal obligations; and preserve the security of our Services; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Information:
OptionB.Org is not in the business of selling your Personal Information. We consider your Personal Information and your other information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates—companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, OptionB.Org.
- Readers of your User Content. When you submit OptionB.Org stories or other User Content (as defined in our Terms of Service) via our Services or otherwise to us, there could be information about you included in that User Content. For example, you may have revealed your name, age, location, or other biographical information in the context of telling a story about yourself. In that case, whenever we share your User Content with our other users, licensees, business partners, or other third parties in accordance with the rights you have granted to us regarding that User Content as described in the Terms of Service, we also share whatever Personal Information or other information you chose to include within that User Content.
- Business Partners. We also may share your information with our licensees, business partners, and other third parties, particularly in connection with the publication or other distribution or use of any of your User Content in accordance with the rights you have granted to us pursuant to our Terms of Service. For example, we may share your name, location, and biographical information that you chose to include within your User Content so that it may be published along with a OptionB.Org story or other User Content of yours.
- Service Providers. We also may share your information with vendors that provide services to us, including companies that provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, e-mail distribution, payment processing, order fulfillment, and other services. When we employ a vendor to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific function and limit them from using your information for any other purpose.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Safety and Security or Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- Protect and defend the legal rights of OptionB.Org, its affiliates, and users of our Services;
- Protect the safety and security of users of our Services or any other person;
- Prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- Comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
- Other Parties in Connection With Certain Business Transactions. If we make a sale, donation, or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a corporate merger, transfer, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Groups and Groups Directory:
OptionB.Org seeks to help our users by connecting them with others who have similar experiences. To this end, OptionB.Org offers a groups directory to help you find people who can support you through the challenge you’re facing. A group is a support community, typically based online, that focuses on a particular topic. Topics range from categories such as Grief & Loss to Raising Resilient Kids. For each topic, OptionB.Org has created one Facebook group and also provides a directory of groups that run on other platforms such as Slack, Google Groups, and other organizations’ websites. The OptionB.Org Community Guidelines applies to all OptionB.Org-created groups. For all other groups, OptionB.Org has asked that group registrants follow the OptionB.Org Community Guidelines or, alternatively, represent that they follow community guidelines at least as protective as the OptionB.Org Community Guidelines. Importantly, while OptionB.Org may moderate the OptionB.Org-created Facebook group for each topic, OptionB.Org will not moderate any other group -- whether or not run on Facebook -- nor does OptionB.Org enforce the OptionB.Org Community Guidelines for non-OptionB.Org-created groups. While OptionB.Org strives to foster a supportive environment, OptionB.Org is not responsible for any content, service, or user experience on OptionB.Org-created groups. As noted in the OptionB.Org Community Guidelines, OptionB.Org groups are intended for peer-to-peer support and not moderated by professionals.
You can visit our Services without providing any Personal Information. If you choose not to provide any Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain Services.
If we send you marketing e-mails about services that may interest you, each e-mail will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
OptionB.Org does not knowingly collect or store Personal Information about children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to instruct their children not to provide Personal Information on the Internet without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to OptionB.Org through our Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
OptionB.Org is based in the United States, and, regardless of where you use our Services, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the United States. Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Third-Party Functionality and Links to Third-Party Sites:
Integration with Social Networking and Other Services:
Our Services allow you to enable or log in via various online services, including social networking services such as Facebook, and to connect to other platforms such as Slack and Google Groups. Our Services also may enable you to access these Third-Party Services directly or indirectly through our Services. By directly integrating these Third-Party Services, we aim to make your online experiences richer and more personalized. When you add a Third-Party Service account to our Services or log into our Services using your Third-Party Service account, we may collect relevant information necessary to enable our Services to access that Third-Party Service and your data contained within that Third-Party Service. We also may share your information with the operator of that Third-Party Service to facilitate or enhance delivery of that Third-Party Service or other services to you.
You may also have the option of posting your activities on our Services and other content to Third-Party Services when you access content through our Services. For example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on our Services. We also may publish user contributions through Third-Party Services, such as by posting a user story on our Facebook Page. If either you or we choose to make any of your contributions available through a Third-Party Service or engage in other activities in connection with a Third-Party Service, your friends, followers, and subscribers on those Third-Party Services that you have enabled will be able to view those contributions and activities.
OptionB.Org takes appropriate steps to protect the information provided via our Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information or other information to OptionB.Org via e-mail or the Internet.
Residents in the EU may have rights over their Personal Information, subject to restrictions in privacy laws, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and portability. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always access your account information on our website and change it. You can also terminate your account at all times, in which case your Personal Information will be deleted from our records, within a reasonable period of time. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with dedicated privacy authorities in your country.
We store your Personal Information for as long as necessary to perform our agreement with you and to meet our legitimate interests and legal obligations.
You may contact us at email@example.com.